Welcome! This site holds an online journal, a photo gallery, information about me which I'd love to share with everyone who is interested.

I fell in love with writing in High School. I love the process of story-telling, sharing bits of my life, and creating an experience with words and pictures. I absolutely love the fact that this site is MINE and I can control everything about it - from what it looks like, to what I say (bursts into a sinister laugh).

I write about my daily adventures - as a mother of a teenager, as a partner to my actor/director boy-friend, as a young woman enjoying the fullness of life, as a girly-girl who loves to shop, and a dancer who still dreams to perform with Madonna.

I like to write about my life, a few brazen thoughts here and there, and finding inspiration and happiness in the small simple pleasures of life. Ok...with the, extravagant and luxurious ones too!




Online peeps:

Hits:

Visitor locations




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License

stealers will have to deal with them...

Copyright © HaNaGiRL 2005-2006 All Rights Reserved.




Julie Christine Reyes

Filipino. 33 y/o. Aug. 28, 1973. Virgo. 5'1, 98 lbs.

Dancer/Entrepreneur/Mother
Dog lover. World traveller. Product junkie. Obsessive-Compulsive. Neat freak. Unabashedly Vain. Would rather starve than pass up a great pair of heels or a fabulous top. Multi-tasker. Yoga girl. Has an infectious (and somewhat annoying) laugh. Lives for her 4 dogs, her babygirl(Mikah) & her hana (Michael)






  • Craving: season 2 of Prison Break
  • Music: Clocks by Coldplay
  • Tv Show: Prison Break
  • Movie: Apocalypto
  • Website: Garage Sale Online!
  • Addiction: Online Shopping
  • Eating: Krispy Kreme
  • Drinking: Red Wine
  • Crush: Wentworth Miller
  • Resto: Thai at Silk
  • Wanderlust: Australia
  • Picture of the Moment:
  • "Our babygirl w/ Baby Boogie"


    Blue List '06 and '07


    • 1. Ferragamo Incanto EDT
    • 2. MAC G5
    • 3. Toyota Fortuner
    • 4. trip to China
    • 5. trip to Bangkok
    • 6. leather computer chair

    Eigenmann X'mas '06

    Reyes X'mas '06

    Mikah's Dance Recital






Sunday, February 13, 2005

Thank God It's Sunday!


*In our white and denim costume for the finale. Check out my sidebar for more pics of the concert.


DAY ONE: QUEENS…ON FIRE!

The 2-day concert was a huge success! Very taxing , but successful.

When we went to ULTRA last Thursday for our technical rehearsals, and was surprised to see that the stage was really small. Too small to hold all 12 dancers plus the two singers. We had to re-block and adjust all the dance numbers! And that really isn’t the easiest thing to do especially on the day before the show. To cause more panic, our director, Rowell Santiago, asked that the 2 flamenco pairs (angel, des, charles and I) stay for the whole number which was just suppose to be a short transition to “Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman”. We had so much to do we weren’t able to add more to that number that day. We finished blocking SOME numbers a little past 12 midnight. We were so dead-tired already. We simply couldn’t finish re-blocking all the numbers! So we opted to just come in early the next day (on the day of the concert!), at 10am to re-block the rest and to add more to our Flamenco dance.

No one could talk to me that day. That’s me when I’m faced with a plethora of downbeat emotions. I keep quiet. I was frazzled, scared out of my wits and outrageously nervous. The re-blocking was already too much for me to hack and learning more steps for the flamenco? …I was already begging for them to get a gun and shoot me.

There were 3 numbers after the opening. Yes, 4 numbers, straight! We’ve never done this before and that is why I felt I was going to collapse due to exhaustion. After the Flamenco number, I was breathing easily. I made it. We made it! Not one of my most notable performances, but I survived.


***During the finale (80’s medley), Pops gave me her microphone and there I was, in front of 15,000 people singing…”long long distance love affair, woh-hoh, I’d call you on the telephone, but you’re never home…” . I did not realize that when Pops handed the mic to me that she stepped back and when I turned to my right, THE ASIA’S SONGBIRD, Ms. Regine Velasquez was at my right side singing the second voice of that song”. Waaaaaaaaah! This is too surreal!!!! I can die now! Thank God, my hana was there and got it all on video.

BAD DAY FOR MY HANA

Speaking of my hana, it was such a bad day for him. He lost his brand new Moto Razor cellphone in ULTRA. You see, during the finale, everyone just went in front and started taking pictures of the two artists. People were crammed together. My hana was holding the video camera with both his hands and he did not feel that a scumbag thief reached into his sling and stole his phone. The thief was probably a pro since my hana’s man- purse was slung right in front of his body. Also, at the parking lot, a so “fucking stupid driver” backed into our car and hit the front bumper. The plate number fell and there were traces of dark scratches on it. Some people!

I was so tired but I knew I had to do everything to cheer up my hana…even if it involved doing cartwheels in circles or anything to make him smile. Well, at least the phone was only 4k. The next day, our good, no, AMAZING friend from Globe arranged for my hana to get a free optimum sim card and a discount on a new moto razor. Not as big as the last time, but it’ll do.

DAY TWO: QUEENS…ON FIRE!

The second day of the concert was so much better. I was more confident with my steps and with my blockings. I suddenly panicked when I saw Goma with her lovely wife, Lucy Torres (on her column in Philippine Star before, she wrote a write-up about Hotlegs saying something like, “ Hotlegs is really the best”). I also know that she dances the Flamenco. Oh, we just had to be superb in our Flamenco number! And we were. I felt like I was Catherine Zeta-Jones in Zorro. And most likely, so did my gay partner. Hahaha!

In that number, we did the “superman lift” that we did in Star Dance. It was so death-defying that we actually heard everyone in the audience gasp and upon our “landing”, there was a second or two of silence and then came the big round of applause! It really was beautiful.

I love my job. It can be tiring and pretty demanding at times, but at the end of the day, I thank God for giving me this wonderful talent.

Comments on "Thank God It's Sunday!"

 

post a comment