Welcome! This site holds an online journal, a photo gallery, information about me which I'd love to share with everyone who is interested.

I fell in love with writing in High School. I love the process of story-telling, sharing bits of my life, and creating an experience with words and pictures. I absolutely love the fact that this site is MINE and I can control everything about it - from what it looks like, to what I say (bursts into a sinister laugh).

I write about my daily adventures - as a mother of a teenager, as a partner to my actor/director boy-friend, as a young woman enjoying the fullness of life, as a girly-girl who loves to shop, and a dancer who still dreams to perform with Madonna.

I like to write about my life, a few brazen thoughts here and there, and finding inspiration and happiness in the small simple pleasures of life. Ok...with the, extravagant and luxurious ones too!




Online peeps:

Hits:

Visitor locations




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License

stealers will have to deal with them...

Copyright © HaNaGiRL 2005-2006 All Rights Reserved.




Julie Christine Reyes

Filipino. 33 y/o. Aug. 28, 1973. Virgo. 5'1, 98 lbs.

Dancer/Entrepreneur/Mother
Dog lover. World traveller. Product junkie. Obsessive-Compulsive. Neat freak. Unabashedly Vain. Would rather starve than pass up a great pair of heels or a fabulous top. Multi-tasker. Yoga girl. Has an infectious (and somewhat annoying) laugh. Lives for her 4 dogs, her babygirl(Mikah) & her hana (Michael)






  • Craving: season 2 of Prison Break
  • Music: Clocks by Coldplay
  • Tv Show: Prison Break
  • Movie: Apocalypto
  • Website: Garage Sale Online!
  • Addiction: Online Shopping
  • Eating: Krispy Kreme
  • Drinking: Red Wine
  • Crush: Wentworth Miller
  • Resto: Thai at Silk
  • Wanderlust: Australia
  • Picture of the Moment:
  • "Our babygirl w/ Baby Boogie"


    Blue List '06 and '07


    • 1. Ferragamo Incanto EDT
    • 2. MAC G5
    • 3. Toyota Fortuner
    • 4. trip to China
    • 5. trip to Bangkok
    • 6. leather computer chair

    Eigenmann X'mas '06

    Reyes X'mas '06

    Mikah's Dance Recital






Thursday, January 13, 2005

My Other Calling

I used to do make-up for Metro magazine. Not too many people know this.

My most memorable shoot was with Mr. Jim Paredes. He was our photographer for the Metro Magazine’s Millennium Bodies issue. Mr. Paredes complimented my work on this baller that had a really, REALLY bad breakout on his face. After taking a quick peek through his lens to check how the guy looked, he gave me a gentle pat on the back and whispered, “good job!”. Modesty aside, it really was good. It wasn’t easy though. But his skin was flawless! So before Dr. Belo, there was me. Hahaha! Just kidding.

Anyway, Just when I finally got my big break, ill luck stuck me…well, actually it was more of stupidity (on my part). 5 years ago, at the "zenith" of my career, I lost my make-up box. I left it inside a taxi cab. Yes. I sh!t you not.

- My extensive collection of eye-shadows from Shu-Uemura, MAC, Make-up Forever…gone.
- My brand new Chanel foundations…gone.
- My loose powders and concealers, a wide variety for light, medium and dark skin tones…gone.
-Lipsticks, lipliners,… the list goes on.
…all
GONE.

I wanted to die. It shook me to my very core. Why? I just lost around 6 digits worth of top-of-the-line maquillage, that’s why. I lost part of my life…part of my future.

I swore off doing make-up. I was so traumatized I never bought that much stuff anymore. Just the bare necessities. About 5 eyeshadows, 3 lipsticks, one foundation, etc. Just what I need for my shows, my personal use. I stopped accepting clients and turned down numerous shoots for Metro and other magazines.

But that was 5 years ago. Several of my friends have been wheedling me to give this career another shot. With statements such as, “dancing is not forever”, “I can take you in our team and we’ll do commercials together”, etc, etc.

After carefully contemplating on it for years, I have finally decided to give it a go again.

Thank you my dear hana for getting me the MAC make-up box for Christmas. That’s a good start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hotlegs will be so busy this year. A concert in Feb and a new reality t.v. show. Forgot the title (something like, "Dance Superstar"). The premise: a search for the nation’s top dancer(s). Somewhat like American Idol, but for dancers. The Hotlegs style will be one of the groups (there are 4 other professional premiere dance groups) that the contestants will attempt to achieve/ reach. This ain’t your mama’s dance show. Expect to see excellent performances from us, the 3 other dance groups, and with a bit of luck, from the contestants as well. Hehe! :)

At this point, 2005 looks really bright. Thank you, God!

Comments on "My Other Calling"

 

post a comment