Welcome! This site holds an online journal, a photo gallery, information about me which I'd love to share with everyone who is interested.

I fell in love with writing in High School. I love the process of story-telling, sharing bits of my life, and creating an experience with words and pictures. I absolutely love the fact that this site is MINE and I can control everything about it - from what it looks like, to what I say (bursts into a sinister laugh).

I write about my daily adventures - as a mother of a teenager, as a partner to my actor/director boy-friend, as a young woman enjoying the fullness of life, as a girly-girl who loves to shop, and a dancer who still dreams to perform with Madonna.

I like to write about my life, a few brazen thoughts here and there, and finding inspiration and happiness in the small simple pleasures of life. Ok...with the, extravagant and luxurious ones too!




Online peeps:

Hits:

Visitor locations




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License

stealers will have to deal with them...

Copyright © HaNaGiRL 2005-2006 All Rights Reserved.




Julie Christine Reyes

Filipino. 33 y/o. Aug. 28, 1973. Virgo. 5'1, 98 lbs.

Dancer/Entrepreneur/Mother
Dog lover. World traveller. Product junkie. Obsessive-Compulsive. Neat freak. Unabashedly Vain. Would rather starve than pass up a great pair of heels or a fabulous top. Multi-tasker. Yoga girl. Has an infectious (and somewhat annoying) laugh. Lives for her 4 dogs, her babygirl(Mikah) & her hana (Michael)






  • Craving: season 2 of Prison Break
  • Music: Clocks by Coldplay
  • Tv Show: Prison Break
  • Movie: Apocalypto
  • Website: Garage Sale Online!
  • Addiction: Online Shopping
  • Eating: Krispy Kreme
  • Drinking: Red Wine
  • Crush: Wentworth Miller
  • Resto: Thai at Silk
  • Wanderlust: Australia
  • Picture of the Moment:
  • "Our babygirl w/ Baby Boogie"


    Blue List '06 and '07


    • 1. Ferragamo Incanto EDT
    • 2. MAC G5
    • 3. Toyota Fortuner
    • 4. trip to China
    • 5. trip to Bangkok
    • 6. leather computer chair

    Eigenmann X'mas '06

    Reyes X'mas '06

    Mikah's Dance Recital






Monday, December 27, 2004

A Real Merry Christmas

I had a GLORIOUS Christmas Eve (…and day)!

Everyone (ok, almost everyone) was at my hana’s sister’s house in Valle Verde. We usually celebrate Christmas in our place but this year, we needed a bigger venue. Wine and beer kept on coming and we kept on drinking. Our night was basically…eat, drink, talk, take pictures, eat, drink, give out and receive presents, eat, drink, opened presents, karaoke, eat drink, and dance. Oh and did I mention, eat and drink? Stayed up until 6am!

This was our Noche Buena…

Yummy!your mouth watering yet?
hungry?
From Left to Right: Appetizers - Pita Bread and Hummus, Brie cheese, grapes, ham, almond and cashew nuts, bread, and caviar. Entrees – Tuna Mousse, beef dish with gravy (sorry forgot what it was called), Pot Roast and Tiger Prawns with Lemon Butter.

I got my hana 3 presents with the hopes of “out-gifting” him. But guess what? He got me 5 gifts! All 3 things from my wishlist…

kabog!

From Left to Right: MAC makeup box, D&G Light Blue (EDT) set, MAC eyeshadow pallete in 6 colors, Lacoste Pink Canicule polo shirts and another one in baby blue.

Don’t have a pic of my gifts for him but I got him the ACCA KAPPA cologne set ( with after shave and lotion), a distressed Cow Leather sling bag (a.k.a. “ man purse”) and funky red Nautica shoes.

The next day we went to White Plains. To my side of the family. Finally made amends with my Grandmother. We had this argument sometime last February. Long story. Anyway, I mustered enough courage to call her. She was so happy to hear from me after so long, it was like nothing happened. She wanted us to come and see them right away. My God-mother said my grandma missed me so. I missed her too.

I learned later on that her blood pressure has been very high lately and that she had occasional dizzy spells. Something like vertigo. She’s scheduled to have an MRI test after the holidays. When she told me, I tried so hard to fight back the tears. I swallowed it all in, managed a smile and encouragingly said, “That’s nothing, Ma! You’ll be fine.”

You see, I consider myself lucky, coz in all my 31 years, I have only encountered two deaths in my family – My great grandma and great grandpa( knock on wood). They both lived until their late 80’s. Point being, I CANNOT handle death…specially of a loved one. So please pray for my Grandma. I’m still hoping that it’s really nothing. I am willing it to be nothing but mere stress or nothing a grand vacation won’t cure.

I’m glad I called my grandma. I’m glad that I swallowed my pride. With all the deaths this month (FPJ, KC, etc.) I realized that life is short. It’s too darn short! You’ll just never know when, you know. If it’s your time, it’s your time.

Note to self: Live a life of love (no more negative feelings), be a better person (girl-friend, mom, daughter, granddaughter, friend, etc.), be more altruistic (devote time to the less fortunate), and be a better child of God.

Hmmm...I don't do resolutions. Never did. But there's always the right time for everything, right? Well, let's just see how good I am at accomplishing t them.



Comments on "A Real Merry Christmas"

 

post a comment