Welcome! This site holds an online journal, a photo gallery, information about me which I'd love to share with everyone who is interested.

I fell in love with writing in High School. I love the process of story-telling, sharing bits of my life, and creating an experience with words and pictures. I absolutely love the fact that this site is MINE and I can control everything about it - from what it looks like, to what I say (bursts into a sinister laugh).

I write about my daily adventures - as a mother of a teenager, as a partner to my actor/director boy-friend, as a young woman enjoying the fullness of life, as a girly-girl who loves to shop, and a dancer who still dreams to perform with Madonna.

I like to write about my life, a few brazen thoughts here and there, and finding inspiration and happiness in the small simple pleasures of life. Ok...with the, extravagant and luxurious ones too!




Online peeps:

Hits:

Visitor locations




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License

stealers will have to deal with them...

Copyright © HaNaGiRL 2005-2006 All Rights Reserved.




Julie Christine Reyes

Filipino. 33 y/o. Aug. 28, 1973. Virgo. 5'1, 98 lbs.

Dancer/Entrepreneur/Mother
Dog lover. World traveller. Product junkie. Obsessive-Compulsive. Neat freak. Unabashedly Vain. Would rather starve than pass up a great pair of heels or a fabulous top. Multi-tasker. Yoga girl. Has an infectious (and somewhat annoying) laugh. Lives for her 4 dogs, her babygirl(Mikah) & her hana (Michael)






  • Craving: season 2 of Prison Break
  • Music: Clocks by Coldplay
  • Tv Show: Prison Break
  • Movie: Apocalypto
  • Website: Garage Sale Online!
  • Addiction: Online Shopping
  • Eating: Krispy Kreme
  • Drinking: Red Wine
  • Crush: Wentworth Miller
  • Resto: Thai at Silk
  • Wanderlust: Australia
  • Picture of the Moment:
  • "Our babygirl w/ Baby Boogie"


    Blue List '06 and '07


    • 1. Ferragamo Incanto EDT
    • 2. MAC G5
    • 3. Toyota Fortuner
    • 4. trip to China
    • 5. trip to Bangkok
    • 6. leather computer chair

    Eigenmann X'mas '06

    Reyes X'mas '06

    Mikah's Dance Recital






Saturday, November 13, 2004

On "Me" day, South Beach Diet and Pirated DVDs


So much has happened today! And here’s my attempt to put together a hodge-podge of todays thoughts and events.

Gym- at exactly 9am I was at Fitness First. 45 minutes on the Step machine and joined the Body Jam class. By 11, I was done. Sweating like a pig, but felt thin. Hee…

Foot Spa – Footloose was still closed when I passed by so I opted to go to Definition Salon, which was just beside our place. Felt weird being foot scrubbed buy a guy though. Nonetheless, I buried my head in lots and lots of issues of STAR magazines (the U.S. version. Is there any other kind?)

Facial – I was early for my 6pm appointment at BELO Med. It was alright. As long as there are magazines, I don’t mind the wait.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My hana picked me up and we headed straight to National Bookstore at the Shangri-la Mall. We bought The South Beach Diet Cookbook. Yeah, upon seeing his now slim nephew last night, who was having South Beach Diet food delivered to him for 2 weeks now, we decided to give it a try. It’s not really to lose weight, (well, maybe for my hana but not for me) it was more of us wanting to eat the right kind of food.

It says that we should avoid anything with sugar.

Oh God, help us!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I remember my friend telling me last week, that for the nth time, another one of her DVDs choked on her. It was pirated, of course. It just stopped playing before the start of the final chapter. She went crazy trying out some techniques that pirated DVD buyers seem to know of. But it was all ineffective. I would probably kill if I was left hanging like that. I learned that this often happened to pirated DVDs. So I'm thinking, “then why the heck buy pirated”?

Ok fine, so it’s way much cheaper than the original ones but I don’t mind paying that extra amount for quality. Example: Today we went to Tower Records and bought an original 895 peso copy of The Last Samurai. I'm pretty sure I won't be experiencing low sound quality, jumping and skipping or any of those problems found on DVDs made in violation of copyright.


Ok maybe not so many peeps share the same opinion. Actually, I can only think of less than 5 people that vehemently resist purchasing pirated stuff. (Hmm..that would be me, my hana, Bong Revilla and Edu Manzano) But really now, think about it. It’s stealing!

Did you know that before the latest album of U2 came out, it was already available for download online? So sad, isn’t it?

Oh well, enough of this self-righteous fit from me. Hope I didn’t upset anyone. Just wanted to share my take on piracy. But then again, I can say whatever I want coz this is my blog you know. Hehe!

In relation to this, let me tell you this funny story shared to me by one of my co-dancers that bumped into Edu Manzano in Greenhills.

After the hi’s and how are you’s, Edu jokingly said, “O, anong ginagawa mo dito? Bibili ka ng pirated noh?!”










Comments on "On "Me" day, South Beach Diet and Pirated DVDs"

 

post a comment