Welcome! This site holds an online journal, a photo gallery, information about me which I'd love to share with everyone who is interested.

I fell in love with writing in High School. I love the process of story-telling, sharing bits of my life, and creating an experience with words and pictures. I absolutely love the fact that this site is MINE and I can control everything about it - from what it looks like, to what I say (bursts into a sinister laugh).

I write about my daily adventures - as a mother of a teenager, as a partner to my actor/director boy-friend, as a young woman enjoying the fullness of life, as a girly-girl who loves to shop, and a dancer who still dreams to perform with Madonna.

I like to write about my life, a few brazen thoughts here and there, and finding inspiration and happiness in the small simple pleasures of life. Ok...with the, extravagant and luxurious ones too!




Online peeps:

Hits:

Visitor locations




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License

stealers will have to deal with them...

Copyright © HaNaGiRL 2005-2006 All Rights Reserved.




Julie Christine Reyes

Filipino. 33 y/o. Aug. 28, 1973. Virgo. 5'1, 98 lbs.

Dancer/Entrepreneur/Mother
Dog lover. World traveller. Product junkie. Obsessive-Compulsive. Neat freak. Unabashedly Vain. Would rather starve than pass up a great pair of heels or a fabulous top. Multi-tasker. Yoga girl. Has an infectious (and somewhat annoying) laugh. Lives for her 4 dogs, her babygirl(Mikah) & her hana (Michael)






  • Craving: season 2 of Prison Break
  • Music: Clocks by Coldplay
  • Tv Show: Prison Break
  • Movie: Apocalypto
  • Website: Garage Sale Online!
  • Addiction: Online Shopping
  • Eating: Krispy Kreme
  • Drinking: Red Wine
  • Crush: Wentworth Miller
  • Resto: Thai at Silk
  • Wanderlust: Australia
  • Picture of the Moment:
  • "Our babygirl w/ Baby Boogie"


    Blue List '06 and '07


    • 1. Ferragamo Incanto EDT
    • 2. MAC G5
    • 3. Toyota Fortuner
    • 4. trip to China
    • 5. trip to Bangkok
    • 6. leather computer chair

    Eigenmann X'mas '06

    Reyes X'mas '06

    Mikah's Dance Recital






Thursday, April 14, 2005

Happy Sad


Happy…
Promise, this will be the last time I will talk about our trip to Boracay (fingers crossed behind me. hehe!)
*mouseover the images
found this in the Filipinana section of a department store. Sometimes I just can’t stand the heat.  Plus it makes me look like I’m in Maldives. Hehe!I’m not afraid of the sun but I am of pre-mature wrinkles.  So I arm myself with sunblock for my face, body, lips and hair.  But I still slather on some Hawaiian Tropic Tanning oil on top, for that deep dark tanyes!  I am taking them (havaianas) all with me!can’t have enough of accessories- leis, flowers for the hair, necklaces, earings, etc.
can’t have enough of bikinis either.  1 bikini for each day.  Don’t like repeating.ipod with the speakers is a must.more protection from the bright raysI go for hand-woven bags than the plastic ones which tend to really heat up. Ouch!
I am so ready for Boracay…what you think? Hehe! :)

Sad…
My lolo papa is sick. He got confined in the hospital 2 days ago because of fever. He’s 79 years old but he doesn’t look like it at all. He’s a medical doctor in St. Luke’s and he’s still practicing to this day. His staff, colleagues and patients love him dearly. They call him the “charity doctor” because he never over charges. Like he said to me one time, “You know, we could’ve been so rich. But I’m not that kind of a doctor.”

One time, a veteran actress here told my hana a nice story about my lolo papa. When she found her hospital bill too expensive she asked my lolo papa,
“Doc, baka pwedeng humingi ng discount kasi medyo mabigat?”
My lolo papa smiled widely, “Of course! Magkano gusto mo?”

My lolo papa is really something else, isn’t he?

His cardiologist ran a couple of test on him yesterday and he (my lolo papa actually saw it first) found something in his heart. It’s like a scar but could be cured through medication only. Hopefully, there would be no need for an operation. He just needs to rest in the hospital a bit more so he can be monitored well.

What’s even more depressing is that we’re going to have our much awaited family reunion this Saturday at a private resort in Los Banos and he won’t be able to come. What’s the use if we’re not complete? But my lola mama says we should still push through with it.

I’m still praying for a miracle. Hope it comes before saturday.


Comments on "Happy Sad"

 

post a comment