Welcome! This site holds an online journal, a photo gallery, information about me which I'd love to share with everyone who is interested.

I fell in love with writing in High School. I love the process of story-telling, sharing bits of my life, and creating an experience with words and pictures. I absolutely love the fact that this site is MINE and I can control everything about it - from what it looks like, to what I say (bursts into a sinister laugh).

I write about my daily adventures - as a mother of a teenager, as a partner to my actor/director boy-friend, as a young woman enjoying the fullness of life, as a girly-girl who loves to shop, and a dancer who still dreams to perform with Madonna.

I like to write about my life, a few brazen thoughts here and there, and finding inspiration and happiness in the small simple pleasures of life. Ok...with the, extravagant and luxurious ones too!




Online peeps:

Hits:

Visitor locations




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License

stealers will have to deal with them...

Copyright © HaNaGiRL 2005-2006 All Rights Reserved.




Julie Christine Reyes

Filipino. 33 y/o. Aug. 28, 1973. Virgo. 5'1, 98 lbs.

Dancer/Entrepreneur/Mother
Dog lover. World traveller. Product junkie. Obsessive-Compulsive. Neat freak. Unabashedly Vain. Would rather starve than pass up a great pair of heels or a fabulous top. Multi-tasker. Yoga girl. Has an infectious (and somewhat annoying) laugh. Lives for her 4 dogs, her babygirl(Mikah) & her hana (Michael)






  • Craving: season 2 of Prison Break
  • Music: Clocks by Coldplay
  • Tv Show: Prison Break
  • Movie: Apocalypto
  • Website: Garage Sale Online!
  • Addiction: Online Shopping
  • Eating: Krispy Kreme
  • Drinking: Red Wine
  • Crush: Wentworth Miller
  • Resto: Thai at Silk
  • Wanderlust: Australia
  • Picture of the Moment:
  • "Our babygirl w/ Baby Boogie"


    Blue List '06 and '07


    • 1. Ferragamo Incanto EDT
    • 2. MAC G5
    • 3. Toyota Fortuner
    • 4. trip to China
    • 5. trip to Bangkok
    • 6. leather computer chair

    Eigenmann X'mas '06

    Reyes X'mas '06

    Mikah's Dance Recital






Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I wish it's my birthday everyday

This may be a long entry to my blog but it's worth it. So bear with me please...

Aug . 29, Sunday: We were on our way to this 3R party that Reema had invited us to earlier. In the elevator, I was answering a text and I didn't notice that we were going all the way up to the penthouse instead of going down to the basement where our car was parked. When the door opened, still texting, Mike yanked my arm to pull me out. Then Lema jumped right infront of me and screamed "Happy Birthday!!!" Being the gulatin person that I am, I screamed, "POTANG INA!!!" Buti nalang it was only my co-dancers that were there.

As I entered the room, I saw that my frisbee friends and Mike's whole family were there too ( Di ko kaya ito # 1) and they were all singing "Happy Birthday." There were so many people! Buti nalang nag bihis ako!

Hours later, Sheeva made me sit on this chair that was set right smack in the middle of the room. May surprise program raw (Di ko kaya ito # 2). Here's how it went:

Ralph was the host. Thank you, Ralph! Funny ka sobra!

First # : Mikah singing a Hilary Duff song: "If I could just see you smile..." First line pa lang, wala na. Tears started to fall( Di ko kaya ito # 3). Mikah is very shy. She has major stage fright so I know she really had to muster sooo much courage to be able to do that for me. I love my babygirl!

2nd #: Tango number by Bianca and Rafael: Bianca was wearing character shoes and skirt pa! And Rafael was biting this flower the whole time. Ang cute (Di ko kaya ito # 4)!

3rd #: Ryan, Reema, Cherie, Gabby, Charles and Sheila dancing the boogie: When the number was being announced I was like, "what? what? did he just say Ryan?"(Di ko kaya ito # 5) Ryan was super cute. He was a shyler and he was beet-red! Ryan, galing mo sumayaw! Reema, are you a dancer? Yes you are! Gabby and Cherie, thank you so much! Charles and Sheila, mahal ko kayo! Half way through the dance, I was thinking , "When the hell did they rehearse!"

4th #: Charles, Angel and my Hana dancing(thank you Charles for the choreo and Angel for finally wearing a jersey for me): My hana doing hiphop! And looking like a real homeboy too! Jersey, baggy pants, skull cap, bling bling...(di ko kaya ito #...I lost count na!) My hana is also super shy to dance, especially infront of the Hotlegs. I cried sooo much. My hana was so cute and super memorize nya his steps! I was so proud! God, I love this man so much.

5th #: Maxine singing my favorite song: "If I ain't got you" by Alicia Keys. It's also my song to my hana. Max sang it oh-so well! Step aside Alicia! Thank you Max. I love you, dearly. Di ko na kaya ito talaga!

6th #: Papa Eddie's Elvis medley (With Ralph dancing and singing some parts with him):He really is the original Mr. Pure Energy! God was showing off when he created this multi-talented man. He is truly blessed. And am more blessed coz he brought my hana into this world. For that, I will forever be grateful to him and mama Rose.

7th #: My hana's ala Fred Astaire(Thank you Paul for choreographing that number!): "It had to be you...it had to be you..." Decked-out in pinstriped pants, suspenders, fedora hat and a cane...my hana was the bomb! He was so graceful! You know that movie, "What Women Want", wherein Mel Gibson did that short dance routine? My hana was better!!! I cry and cry some more! He picked me up and made me stand in the center of the dancefloor as he finished off his routine. And for his last pose, he takes me into his arms, dips me and gives me a long kiss on the lips. I cry some more, hug him real tight and am thinking, "everything means nothing, if I aint got you, hana."

He takes the microphone and gives a short speech. His voice cracking and about to break into tears, "Hana, thank you for coming into my life and making me the kind of man that I am now Happy birthday. I love you so much, hana." Di ko na talaga kaya ito! This was the happiest birthday ever!

Later on I found out that it took my hana a month to prepare all this. That his so-called pictorial and board meeting that same week was a big fat lie (but a good and necessary one). Instead, they were all in Residencia, rehearsing for the dance numbers. Also, Geoff, AJ and Sheeva were suppose to be in the boogie number too but Geoff and AJ had taping and Sheeva had school so they couldn't rehearse. Sayang! But it's all good. So much effort from my hana and everyone else. I never felt so loved. I am at a loss for words.

I look at everyone in the room and I see all the people that love me. I didn't realize I had so many that do. Just as mama Rose said. I can't even begin to explain how much I appreciate all this effort, this affection from all of them. Beyond words. Beyond words. Thank you guys! I love you all to death. To my dear, sweet hana, I am the luckiest woman on this planet because I have you. I can't ask for anything more.

Wow! What a great birthday that was. Now I see what I have to show for. For 3 decades and a year of living on Earth....Great family and friends. Bart Edes said it best, "It doesn't get any better than this."

P.S. I got it all on video! Photos coming soon.

Comments on "I wish it's my birthday everyday"

 

post a comment