Welcome! This site holds an online journal, a photo gallery, information about me which I'd love to share with everyone who is interested.

I fell in love with writing in High School. I love the process of story-telling, sharing bits of my life, and creating an experience with words and pictures. I absolutely love the fact that this site is MINE and I can control everything about it - from what it looks like, to what I say (bursts into a sinister laugh).

I write about my daily adventures - as a mother of a teenager, as a partner to my actor/director boy-friend, as a young woman enjoying the fullness of life, as a girly-girl who loves to shop, and a dancer who still dreams to perform with Madonna.

I like to write about my life, a few brazen thoughts here and there, and finding inspiration and happiness in the small simple pleasures of life. Ok...with the, extravagant and luxurious ones too!




Online peeps:

Hits:

Visitor locations




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License

stealers will have to deal with them...

Copyright © HaNaGiRL 2005-2006 All Rights Reserved.




Julie Christine Reyes

Filipino. 33 y/o. Aug. 28, 1973. Virgo. 5'1, 98 lbs.

Dancer/Entrepreneur/Mother
Dog lover. World traveller. Product junkie. Obsessive-Compulsive. Neat freak. Unabashedly Vain. Would rather starve than pass up a great pair of heels or a fabulous top. Multi-tasker. Yoga girl. Has an infectious (and somewhat annoying) laugh. Lives for her 4 dogs, her babygirl(Mikah) & her hana (Michael)






  • Craving: season 2 of Prison Break
  • Music: Clocks by Coldplay
  • Tv Show: Prison Break
  • Movie: Apocalypto
  • Website: Garage Sale Online!
  • Addiction: Online Shopping
  • Eating: Krispy Kreme
  • Drinking: Red Wine
  • Crush: Wentworth Miller
  • Resto: Thai at Silk
  • Wanderlust: Australia
  • Picture of the Moment:
  • "Our babygirl w/ Baby Boogie"


    Blue List '06 and '07


    • 1. Ferragamo Incanto EDT
    • 2. MAC G5
    • 3. Toyota Fortuner
    • 4. trip to China
    • 5. trip to Bangkok
    • 6. leather computer chair

    Eigenmann X'mas '06

    Reyes X'mas '06

    Mikah's Dance Recital






Thursday, September 16, 2004

Age of Innocence

When I was little...

  1. I let my nanny chase me around the house whenever it was time for my bath (kindda like Dollar, Richie Rich's dog).
  2. Lea Salonga was my idol. I actually thought that my voice was identical to hers and that I'd be popular like her someday.
  3. I would climb up the tree and shake the branches after it rains so I could collect all the salagubangs (beetles).
  4. I wanted to be a maid when I grew up(5 years old). Then, I wanted to be a nurse (10 years old). Then, a lawyer (13 years old). By 3rd year high school I was so sure about wanting to be a computer engineer...until I found out that the course had a lot of math subjects. Nevermind! (I'm a dancer so I can only count up to 8. haha!)
  5. I asked my grandfather if I can make him some coffee (instant). I thought that it was just like Milo (our local Nesquick) so I put about 2 heaping tablespoons of Taster's Choice coffee into the mug. I watched in anticipation as he took his first sip. He closed his eyes and said(his voice quivering), "Yummy! you make good coffee, hija!" He must've thrown the rest away when I left.
  6. My grandparents brought me to my very first movie. As we walked in the theatre, I stared in amazement at the big screen and said, "Wow mama, papa! That's a big T.V."
  7. I would go to our country club everyday after school. I taught myself how to swim.
  8. My great-grandfather died. I was about 4 years old. I kept knocking on his casket during the wake coz I felt he was sleeping too long.
  9. I thougt that spinach could actually make you strong (thanks to watching Popeye)so my grandmother was so thrilled when I asked her to buy some for me at the market. I couldn't eat the darn thing. It tasted like cardboard! My muscles didn't pop out either.
  10. I had this huge, huge crush on Peter Pan. I read the book over and over again. I waited for him to come and take me to Neverland every night. But he never came. He was my first crush.
*sigh*... I miss being a kid. Maybe that's why I wanted to go to Neverland...

Comments on "Age of Innocence"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

cool blog. reminds me of my childhood.

neverland?
not if mjackson is there waiting for you.... hehehe

with your blog, "return to innocence" by enigma as your bg music would be perfect.

i find your site very interesting. would you mind answering a question i have been asking around?

"would you give up all of your memories of the past in exchange to see the future?" when i say give up all memories i mean ALL good and bad stuff, happy and sad moments, good and bad people you met along the way, in exchange to see how the future will be like for you, so that you can change your ways now and make the right choices NOW. would you rather be successful in the future, but not remember anything in the past?

something to ponder. you'll be surprised at how your personality will show when you make that choice.

r-kee

 

post a comment