Welcome! This site holds an online journal, a photo gallery, information about me which I'd love to share with everyone who is interested.

I fell in love with writing in High School. I love the process of story-telling, sharing bits of my life, and creating an experience with words and pictures. I absolutely love the fact that this site is MINE and I can control everything about it - from what it looks like, to what I say (bursts into a sinister laugh).

I write about my daily adventures - as a mother of a teenager, as a partner to my actor/director boy-friend, as a young woman enjoying the fullness of life, as a girly-girl who loves to shop, and a dancer who still dreams to perform with Madonna.

I like to write about my life, a few brazen thoughts here and there, and finding inspiration and happiness in the small simple pleasures of life. Ok...with the, extravagant and luxurious ones too!




Online peeps:

Hits:

Visitor locations




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License

stealers will have to deal with them...

Copyright © HaNaGiRL 2005-2006 All Rights Reserved.




Julie Christine Reyes

Filipino. 33 y/o. Aug. 28, 1973. Virgo. 5'1, 98 lbs.

Dancer/Entrepreneur/Mother
Dog lover. World traveller. Product junkie. Obsessive-Compulsive. Neat freak. Unabashedly Vain. Would rather starve than pass up a great pair of heels or a fabulous top. Multi-tasker. Yoga girl. Has an infectious (and somewhat annoying) laugh. Lives for her 4 dogs, her babygirl(Mikah) & her hana (Michael)






  • Craving: season 2 of Prison Break
  • Music: Clocks by Coldplay
  • Tv Show: Prison Break
  • Movie: Apocalypto
  • Website: Garage Sale Online!
  • Addiction: Online Shopping
  • Eating: Krispy Kreme
  • Drinking: Red Wine
  • Crush: Wentworth Miller
  • Resto: Thai at Silk
  • Wanderlust: Australia
  • Picture of the Moment:
  • "Our babygirl w/ Baby Boogie"


    Blue List '06 and '07


    • 1. Ferragamo Incanto EDT
    • 2. MAC G5
    • 3. Toyota Fortuner
    • 4. trip to China
    • 5. trip to Bangkok
    • 6. leather computer chair

    Eigenmann X'mas '06

    Reyes X'mas '06

    Mikah's Dance Recital






Sunday, September 12, 2004

Where are the gentlemen?

I spent my whole day yesterday at Abs-Cbn rehearsing for ASAP. On our way to the cafeteria, A man bumped my shoulder and didn't turn around to apologize. Did he not feel that at all?

At the hall way, approaching the heavy glass doors, two men pushed the door towards me and the other girls. We take a step back. They pass us and let the door close behind them. How can these men be so oblivious to the world? We look at each other, roll our eyes, and just open the door ourselves.

At the cafeteria, I overloaded my tray with so much food (hungry!). Carefully balancing my elaborate meal as I headed for our table, a bag of chips fall off my tray. I looked around searching for the nearest table where I could put my tray down. It was like 5 steps away. I helplessly looked at the men that passed me, waiting for one of them to pick it up for me. They didn't. Well, someone else did...it was a girl for Christ's sake!

When I got injured during our rehearsals, my GAY co-dancers rushed to get me some ice; when I was carrying my heavy bag up the stairs today, my GAY friend saw me and offered to bring it up for me; in the show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", a gay man teaches a straight man that it's a must to offer a lady guest a drink within the next 5 minutes of her arrival at his home. Does a man have to be gay to be able to know and do all these?

Impolite, ill-bred, ill-mannered, uncouth, rude men are a major turn-off for me, I'm sorry. Gone are the days when they would open the door for you, when they ask if they could carry your heavy load, or when they pull the chair for you in a restaurant (at least if he's your husband or boy-friend). I'm not saying that all the men are like that now. But most men I know and have encountered lately, are. Sorry guys. :(

Many women may not care about this, but I do. Manners matter, okay! If the good Lord blesses me with a son, for sure I will do my very best to raise him to be a faultlessly polite, pleasantly tactfull and well-mannered man (my fingers crossed).

Gentlemen -- are they really a dying breed?

Comments on "Where are the gentlemen?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

just passing by. very nice site. kudos!

have read you blogs and with your artistic inclination, you might want to try xanga.com also. the website will give you more freedom with what you can do with your site. try it.

men? they are not a dying breed. real men unfortunately, are rare.

r-kee

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

chivalry IS dead, i'm afraid. so are manners and common courtesy. while i'm at it, let's pencil in decency and common sense. i don't think these are unique to men, though. a lot of women, children gays and lesbians are "[i]mpolite, ill-bred, ill-mannered, uncouth, [and] rude". i think i need to get out of nyc before i turn into one of them.

 

Blogger HanAgiRL said ... (9:01 PM) : 

to anonymous # 1: thanks for dropping by. will check out xanga :)

 

Blogger HanAgiRL said ... (9:04 PM) : 

to anonymous #2 : I love New York! But I hear what you're saying. Times have changed. *sigh*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:37 AM) : 

WHERE ARE THE GENTLEWOMEN? would you do the same thing for men? if you expect such things, would you offer to open the door for a man,pay for dinner or get him a drink? Women have expressed equal rights for a long time. If we expect men to treat us right, then I think we should treat them right too. I really do think that it would be nice to have gentlemen around, but not to be expected anymore now a days.

I will also teach my son good manners, but not to the point of doing everything for the girl. Women loose respect to men who does everything they tell them to do.

Women nowadays are independent. Men are most definitely stronger than us physically (but not mentally), and would also be nice if they would help us from stuff that we cant physically do, by asking nicely. But as women, we can open our own doors, pull our own chairs, get our own drink. We are not a helpless gender anymore. We are the women of the new century, and not a senorita.

 

Blogger HanAgiRL said ... (8:24 PM) : 

to anonymous: i take it you're not from the Philippines. Cultural differences too honey. So relax.

 

post a comment