Welcome! This site holds an online journal, a photo gallery, information about me which I'd love to share with everyone who is interested.

I fell in love with writing in High School. I love the process of story-telling, sharing bits of my life, and creating an experience with words and pictures. I absolutely love the fact that this site is MINE and I can control everything about it - from what it looks like, to what I say (bursts into a sinister laugh).

I write about my daily adventures - as a mother of a teenager, as a partner to my actor/director boy-friend, as a young woman enjoying the fullness of life, as a girly-girl who loves to shop, and a dancer who still dreams to perform with Madonna.

I like to write about my life, a few brazen thoughts here and there, and finding inspiration and happiness in the small simple pleasures of life. Ok...with the, extravagant and luxurious ones too!




Online peeps:

Hits:

Visitor locations




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License

stealers will have to deal with them...

Copyright © HaNaGiRL 2005-2006 All Rights Reserved.




Julie Christine Reyes

Filipino. 33 y/o. Aug. 28, 1973. Virgo. 5'1, 98 lbs.

Dancer/Entrepreneur/Mother
Dog lover. World traveller. Product junkie. Obsessive-Compulsive. Neat freak. Unabashedly Vain. Would rather starve than pass up a great pair of heels or a fabulous top. Multi-tasker. Yoga girl. Has an infectious (and somewhat annoying) laugh. Lives for her 4 dogs, her babygirl(Mikah) & her hana (Michael)






  • Craving: season 2 of Prison Break
  • Music: Clocks by Coldplay
  • Tv Show: Prison Break
  • Movie: Apocalypto
  • Website: Garage Sale Online!
  • Addiction: Online Shopping
  • Eating: Krispy Kreme
  • Drinking: Red Wine
  • Crush: Wentworth Miller
  • Resto: Thai at Silk
  • Wanderlust: Australia
  • Picture of the Moment:
  • "Our babygirl w/ Baby Boogie"


    Blue List '06 and '07


    • 1. Ferragamo Incanto EDT
    • 2. MAC G5
    • 3. Toyota Fortuner
    • 4. trip to China
    • 5. trip to Bangkok
    • 6. leather computer chair

    Eigenmann X'mas '06

    Reyes X'mas '06

    Mikah's Dance Recital






Wednesday, September 29, 2004

My Darling D.I.

Latin Hi-lo - a fat burning dance class where one foot remains in contact with the floor. A combination of low and high impact moves, hence, the word hi-lo.

I attend this class at Fitness First. Well, actually it was just my second time last monday. Let me tell you about my first day...

I headed for the gym with so much anticipation. The studio was bursting at the seams, filled with different kinds of women, but with one primary goal...to shed off some unwanted pounds.

Our teacher was a gay man decked out in his full workout clothes: dance sneakers, black jazz pants, a long sleeved shirt tied around his waist, a red, tight, sleeveless, low-neck, hanging sando that revealed his tummy and a thick, black headband that made him look more like a fortune-teller than a dance instructor.

He started off by saying, "Hello everyone! Good noon! It's nice to see you all again. Are you ready to start? Ok, chin up everybody and smile." Did he say smile?

Play latin re-mix music.

We did the basic latin steps but sometimes he would do something very "off-latin", and he himself would name it like, "tahitian". The steps were pretty easy to follow, but doing it again and again, straight for 45 minutes really made me work up a sweat!

For our cool down, he asked us to put our hands on our waist. Listening to the intro of the music, I thought to myself, "That song sounds so familiar." And then the vocals came, "...tale as old as time...true as it can be...barely even friends...then somebody bends...unexpectedly." As the theme song from Walt Disney's Beauty and the Beast reverberated inside the studio, I tried my darnest to hold my laughter. Even more when he made us breathe in and out as we tip-toed up and down, hands still on the waist. Strangely, the other women didn't seem to mind cooling down to that song. Hello, am I the abnormal one here?

What's even funnier is my instructor's futile attempt to incorporate ballet moves into the cool down. I can't even begin to explain how funny that was. So, just take my word for it.

As the cooling down ended, music still playing, he looks at everyone and says something like, "Thank you everyone for coming here today. It was my pleasure teaching you...blah blah blah." To me it sounded like the farewell walk of last years reigning Ms. Universe! He amuses me so, I swear!

Please don't get me wrong. Am not trying to make fun of him...ok, maybe I am. But he's the sweetest and nicest instructor there, albeit the "ballet" moves and fairytale music. I still attend his class and he's the only one that can make me sweat like a pig!

Last monday he replaced "Beauty and the Beast" with "No me Ames" by J.Lo. At least it's more latin! But before that, he made us do the L.A. walk to the tune of V.S.T. and Co.'s "...aaaah, awitin mo, at isasayaw ko". Hahahaha!

I wonder what he'll do next. I can't wait!


Comments on "My Darling D.I."

 

post a comment