Welcome! This site holds an online journal, a photo gallery, information about me which I'd love to share with everyone who is interested.

I fell in love with writing in High School. I love the process of story-telling, sharing bits of my life, and creating an experience with words and pictures. I absolutely love the fact that this site is MINE and I can control everything about it - from what it looks like, to what I say (bursts into a sinister laugh).

I write about my daily adventures - as a mother of a teenager, as a partner to my actor/director boy-friend, as a young woman enjoying the fullness of life, as a girly-girl who loves to shop, and a dancer who still dreams to perform with Madonna.

I like to write about my life, a few brazen thoughts here and there, and finding inspiration and happiness in the small simple pleasures of life. Ok...with the, extravagant and luxurious ones too!




Online peeps:

Hits:

Visitor locations




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License

stealers will have to deal with them...

Copyright © HaNaGiRL 2005-2006 All Rights Reserved.




Julie Christine Reyes

Filipino. 33 y/o. Aug. 28, 1973. Virgo. 5'1, 98 lbs.

Dancer/Entrepreneur/Mother
Dog lover. World traveller. Product junkie. Obsessive-Compulsive. Neat freak. Unabashedly Vain. Would rather starve than pass up a great pair of heels or a fabulous top. Multi-tasker. Yoga girl. Has an infectious (and somewhat annoying) laugh. Lives for her 4 dogs, her babygirl(Mikah) & her hana (Michael)






  • Craving: season 2 of Prison Break
  • Music: Clocks by Coldplay
  • Tv Show: Prison Break
  • Movie: Apocalypto
  • Website: Garage Sale Online!
  • Addiction: Online Shopping
  • Eating: Krispy Kreme
  • Drinking: Red Wine
  • Crush: Wentworth Miller
  • Resto: Thai at Silk
  • Wanderlust: Australia
  • Picture of the Moment:
  • "Our babygirl w/ Baby Boogie"


    Blue List '06 and '07


    • 1. Ferragamo Incanto EDT
    • 2. MAC G5
    • 3. Toyota Fortuner
    • 4. trip to China
    • 5. trip to Bangkok
    • 6. leather computer chair

    Eigenmann X'mas '06

    Reyes X'mas '06

    Mikah's Dance Recital






Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I Am A Rent-head!

And I am damn proud of it!!! I fell in love with RENT even before I saw the musical. I just heard then, the newly released CD of the musical being staged in New York. Suffice to say, I really fell in love with the music. Who wouldn't?!! Jonathan Larson (God rest his swet soul), wherever you are, I just want to say, "thank you for your music and you're the bomb!!!"

I watched musical twice when it was staged here in Manila. The first time, I didn't know my hana yet. My thought bubble was, "ah, he sing pala". And years later, when it had a repeat, he was already my hana. Hehe! He said I had to watch it again, now that I know him and all. :)

Yes, in case you didn't know...my hana played the part of Tom Collins (In the video below, he's the black guy with the beanie hat on). And yes, he had to kiss a guy, er, gay (Richie Chan who played the part of ANGEL). Hehe!

This year, I watched Rent the Movie with my hana and 2 of the original members of the cast in Manila..Rachel Alejandro (Mimi) and JM Rodriguez (Mark). Of course, I respected that the three of them would have not so good reactions to the movie since they were in the musical and all. Can't blame them. Actually, nothing beats the actual musical. But I couldn't care less. The music of RENT is so captivating and, to this day, still sends chills down my spine. In fact, everyone (me included) in the movie house couldn't help but sing along!

So for all the RENT-HEADS out there (Chari, Crystal, and Roni)and even for those who haven't seen RENT (F.Y.I. you're missing half of your life), pump up the volume and hit play. here's the movie cast of RENT singing SEASONS OF LOVE at the Ellen de Generes show in N.Y.C.(feel free to sing along!)...



Comments on "I Am A Rent-head!"

 

Blogger lifecafe said ... (6:36 PM) : 

wonderful. :)

thanks for the special mention. and i love the new look! ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 AM) : 

I have been a rent head since high school! I felt bad that I didn't get to watch tito mike play tom. I haven't even seen the real thing! dang it! it's so not fair! Well so yeah... one of these days i'm hoping to fly to new york and watch the real thing.

I hope Jesse L. Martin the real tom collins will be performing. I crush jesse eh. hahaha!

 

Blogger KAI said ... (4:51 AM) : 

A lot of my friends were crazy about the play, let alone the movie. I guess I've been missing something. (;

 

Blogger LiberalArts said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Love the new blog!

No day but today : )

 

Blogger debbie said ... (3:58 AM) : 

just got the rent on dvd...havent watched it though, i'll do soon. i've so many good reviews about it.

take care hanagirl!

 

Blogger Ate Sienna said ... (5:40 AM) : 

isang item yan sa listahan ko ng things to do the next time na magliwaliw kami ni bossing sa new york. I really, really, really want to watch Rent. (Inuna ko lang kasi ang lion king during my last visit kasi favorite ko rin yun.) Can't wait to go back to new york for this!

 

Blogger Ketch Pablo said ... (8:02 AM) : 

I have it on DVD! And there was this episode of Y Speak when I caught JM Rodriguez singing Seasons of Love at the end but got cut off after a few lines. Tch. I'm definitely gonna watch it next time it's staged. mwah. ^_^

 

Blogger grumpyurbanslacker said ... (12:59 AM) : 

i've watched RENT the musical something like 5 times already....truly amazing music, from "Light my candle" to "Out Tonight" to "Without You", etc....

i thought Rachel A. was great as Mimi, and the girl who played this role in the 1st Manila run, Ampy Seriesteles, was even better.

the movie was kinda flat though..:D

 

post a comment